THE 777 WRITER’S CHALLENGE

Islaa

In July I was kindly nominated by Diana at http://mythsofthemirror.com/2015/07/17/the-777-writers-challenge/ for the 777 Challenge. A talented writer she has published numerous books as D. Wallace Peach. Do check these out. Furthermore her blog is a joy to read touching on a variety of subjects both inspiring and heart-warming.

The 777 Challenge involves going to page 7 of your WIP, scrolling down to line 7 and from there share the next 7 sentences in a blog post. After that please tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their WIP.

In midst of work and packing for holiday I had to delay until now to complete the challenge. Here is my offering.

My 777 Challenge is from my current  (very rough first draft ) WIP  which is a contemporary novel entitled ‘Island Girl’, where a girl’s home island of love and freedom becomes her prison from which she has to flee to save her Self.

This paragraph is one from Anna in her school years.

‘Interrupted in her homework, Anna was sent by her father to search for her wayward sister. What was she up to now? How were her parents still so blind to their mischievous little daughter. That was probably it, Katrina being younger as well as her smile. Anna had to admit it was the cutest in the history of smiles. She’d tried it once when in trouble and her parents had quickly asked her if she was in agony. How embarrassing. Never again.’

I’m tagging the following bloggers for this challenge. If some of you have completed this before, my apologies. No worries if you don’t want to partake, just accept it as my recognition and appreciation of you as members here on wordpress.

27 thoughts on “THE 777 WRITER’S CHALLENGE

1. Jane Risdon says:

Thanks so much for posting your piece Annika, it was lovely. Also intriguing too. I wish you all the best with it. Would it be OK for me to post my 777 on my FB author page instead of my blog? Only I can see it never getting posted. Do let me know. 🙂

2. Peter R says:

Wow, maybe I’m glad I’m not a writer after all. Takes talent (and courage) to go out to the public like that. The book sounds fascinating. Good luck with finishing it, and I look forward to seeing it in print.

Thank you Peterr. Must admit I was a bit nervous posting this but I’ve been so encouraged and motivated by all the positive comments, yours included. I appreciate the best wishes.😀

Thanks for the tantalising glimpse of you book. Already I want to know more. Please finish the book as soon as you can (no pressure). It’s on my wish list!

4. Andrew Reynolds says:

Thank you so much for your kind thought. It’s nice to get recognized for what I do. Now for the slightly weird part. My current WIP is my cancer poetry book and page 7 only has the last three lines of a poem so I don’t have a 777 for that WIP. A project I am reviving is mostly notes and page 7 of that has most bullet points. I tend to write stuff that is only 2 to 3 pages long.

So I might change this up a bit and post an 888 challenge later in the week. I have better stuff on page 8. 🙂

Haha! 😃 I like that Andrew and of course adjust according to your work. Maybe we could start a whole series of three challenges, starting at 111! I do look forward to reading your contribution and see what you are working on. Am also intrigued about your poetry – something I have never been able to get my brain around. Best of luck with that.

Thanks and I finally got there! Didn’t realise how little 7 sentences was – snippet is the right word. Hard to feel that it does justice to all the other hundreds of pages but fun to introduce ‘Island Girl’ online.

5. Mirja says:

This challenge has finally given us an inkling of your book. Thank you!
    Many of us have been waiting eagerly. The title and the brief description is strong
    and tantalising. The paragraph you give us sketches the charachters of two
    sisters masterly and with swift strokes.
    Brilliant. Now, get down to finishing this book. I for one am keen to spend
    some cash to obtain it.:))

Wow! Thank you so much Mirja for those warm and supportive words, my heart is glowing now. Silly me, it took a lot to start writing about my project to others, but this gave me a chance (ie. Forced my hand!) to let it sneak into the open a tiny bit. Yes, I’m finishing it…off to write now…and no need for the cash – a free copy for you!❤️

6. Marje @ Kyrosmagica says:

Thanks for thinking of me Annika, I shall try to join in at some stage but next week I’m pretty busy with the Writer’s group that I co-run here in Cambridge, and also I would like to catch up on some book reviews, well that’s what I’m thinking….. I’ve taken part in the 777 challenge twice before if my memory serves me right but if I can find another manuscript/idea to post of course I will join in at some time. 🙂

7. Silver Threading says:

Thank you so much for thinking of me. I will put this on the back-burner for a bit because we are moving soon and I am running around with my head chopped off. Once we relocate, I will be happy to jump in. Thanks again. ❤